This guide focuses on helping you remove DRM and convert iTunes to NAS readable format by using Pavtube ChewTune, so that you can copy iTunes videos to NAS for streaming or sharing with your family smoothly and quickly.
NAS has been widely used with the following notable features:
- Enable simpler and low cost systems such as load-balancing and fault-tolerant email and web server by providing storage services.
- Offer flexible network-based storage to the home consumer market for little more than the cost of a regular USB or FireWire external hard disk.
iTunes store is the home for media entertainment. We can get any movies and TV shows collection we wished for from it anywhere, anytime. And there are many feature-length movies and episodes of television series are also available for purchase. Sometimes, we may want to backup the great movies or TV shows we bought from iTunes store to our NAS server for the following reasons:
1. Access or share them on other computers without Apple ID account.
2. Save more space for your computer disk drive.
3. To prevent movies or videos losing when syncing with other device, iTunes crash or other unexpected disasters.
- Hot Search: Blu-ray to NAS | DVD to NAS | DVD to SD Chip | iTunes to External Hard Drive | M2TS to NAS
To make a successful backup of iTunes video and TV shows to NAS server, you will first have to remove the DRM protection from them. Then you have the authorization to distribute them at random. Pavtube Chewtune (review) can be your idea choice to remove DRM M4V from iTunes videos and TV shows for NAS. Just with a few steps, you can get complete DRM-free iTunes movies and TV shows.
Tips: To remove DRM protection from iTunes videos and TV shows, you can first drag and drop them from iTunes store to your local computer hard drive. Then start the DRM decryption process with the following steps:
How to remove DRM and backup iTunes to NAS for streaming and sharing?
Step 1: Add iTunes files to the software
Click “File” menu, import iTunes videos to the application by hitting “Add Video/Audio” or “Add from folder”.
Step 2: Set output file format
Select your desired output file formats from “Format” drop-down selection, for example, you can choose the more popular “MPEG-4 Movie(*.mp4)” as the file format for NAS.
Step 3: Define an output folder to store output files
Hit “Browse” icon to locate an place to save the DRM-free movies and TV shows.
Step 4: Remove DRM from iTunes movies for NAS
Start the decryption process by clicking the right-bottom round icon to remove iTunes videos and TV shows DRM for NAS.
How to Backup iTunes video to NAS server?
The last but most important steps can be achieved as follows:
1. Attach your NAS server to the network.
2. When the NAS is available to network, make sure it is in the same work group or domain, and give permissions on all the drives on the NAS to all your computer.
3. Backup the converted iTunes video to NAS. Select one of the drives on the NAS as your backup folder, copy and paste files onto NAS to view them in your list of network resources.
About Network-attached storage (NAS)
NAS is file-level computer data storage server connected to a computer network providing data access to a heterogeneous group of clients. It is often manufactured as a ancecomputer appliance – a specialized computer built from the ground up for storing and serving files – rather than simply a general purpose computer being used for the role.