If you have a batch of DVD movies and want to watch them with Windows Media Player, what should you do? Don’t be surprised if you find it otherwise. You can’t use Windows Media Player to play DVD-Video disc. The reason for this is that there are copy protection mechanisms present on most commercial DVDs. Converting DVDs to this format can be accomplished using a DVD converter software. Before you take an in-depth look at this article, let’s figure out if you are among those who really need a best DVD to WMV ripper:
1. Do you feel like converting your DVD to WMV for FREE to play them with Windows Media Player on PC, VLC, 5KPlayer, The KMPlayer, MPlayer or QuickTime Player?
2. Do you have some DVDs that you want to rip to WMV for editing in Windows Movie Maker?
3. Would you like to playback DVD movies on Android mobiles/tablets, like Samsung Galaxy Note, Galaxy Tab, HTC One, Kindle Fire, Google Nexus and the like, which have no DVD drive?
4. Are you thinking about ripping DVD to WMV to share your favorite DVD movies online/on social website? Well, other formats, except for DVD to WMV, can serve the purpose as well, like DVD to MP4.
If situations listed above occur to you, then you need to get a DVD to WMV ripper, best for free. Let’s learn more about the format MWV first, and the next free DVD to WMV ripping process might be easier to understand.
How to Convert DVD to Windows Media Player?
If you want to import DVD to Windows Media Player, you have to convert DVD to Windows Media Player supported Video Format such as WMV with the DVD to Windows Media Player Converter. Here, Pavtube BDMagic is one of the powerful DVD converters in the market today. It has the ability to remove DVD protection or extract audio from DVD and save them as Windows Media Player playable format with fast speed and high quality. Besides enabling you to do the DVD to Windows Media Player conversion, such tool also endows you with the ability to choose desired subtitles and audio tracks or keep forced subtitles for far better movie enjoyment.
What’s more, you can finish the DVD ripping process with only three simple steps: Load DVD, choose an output format and start the ripping process. Pavtube BDMagic has a quite neat and well-designed interface. And the software lets you tweak just about everything after you’ve got the movie from disc. Some of you may be using a Mac computer, please visit Pavtube BDMagic for Mac. Please select the right link below for your operating system (PC, Mac). The following instructions will show you how to rip and convert DVD to Windows Media Player friendly format – WMV, so that you can then put the DVDs onto Windows Media Player.
Now, You can download and install BDMagic on your computer for free:
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-BDMagic/3000-7970_4-75922877.html
Step1: Load DVD movie
Click “Load from disc” button to browse to disc drive and import DVD into this app. The program checks the title of main movie automatically, and you can simply choose language of audio and subtitles for output and check in preview window.
Step 2: Choose video format
Choose WMV (Window media video format) as output format from Format drop-down list. You can customize video and audio settings, such as Video Codec, Video Bitrate, Video Frame rate, Audio Codec, Audio Bitrate, Audio Channel, to get a satisfying video/audio playback on Windows Media Player.
Step 3: Convert DVD to WMV
Click Convert button on the software main UI, and start ripping DVD to Windows Media Player WMV video. Once the conversion is finished, you can click “Open” button to get the output files.
After the process, you can add ripped DVD video into Windows Media Player so that you can stream DVD movies on Windows Media Player with correct title.
Tips: more about Pavtube BDMagic
- Rip DVD to more than 200 video and audio formats: H.265/HEVC, H.264/MPEG-4, DivX, XviD, MKV, MP4, AVI, MPEG, WMV, FLV, SWF, F4V, MOV, 3GP, 3G2, VOB, TS, DV, MPEG-2 HD Video (*.mpg),
- Export playable movies for multimedia devices like iPhone/iPad, Android, Game Consoles, Video Editing Tool, Burning Tool, etc
- Able to full copy DVD and directly copy DVD.
- Support to Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista.
- Customize DVD videos with Built-in video editor: With powerful video editing features included, you could trim, crop, insert subtitles, add watermarks, adjust video effects, etc. to create your own movie for playback.