Have a good number of DVD disc in your DVD library gathering dust, you might have considered digitizing those bad boys so you can direct watch them on your phone, tablet, laptop (if it doesn’t have a DVD drive) or even on your smart TV without needing your DVD player. Converting DVD to digital file formats also helps to protect your precious physical DVD disc from scratched, broken due to the overuse and empty more space that’s occupied by the DVD collection. The following part will show you how to easily digitize DVD movies with DVD Ripper software.
How to digitize DVD movies?
To digitize DVD movies, you will need a DVD Ripper software that can bypass DVD copy protection and also convert DVD to digital file formats. Although there are applications even some free DVD Ripper software on the market claims to do the DVD digitizing work, however, you may be disappointed to find that a lot of them won’t be bypass the copy protection from commercial DVD disc. Others may only be able to deal with the early versions of CSS – protected DVDs.
The good news is that here comes Pavtube DVDAid. The program is equipped with a powerful built-in disc decrypter to assist you to automatically bypass all DVD copy protection including region code, RCE, key2Audio, UOP, CSS, Macrovision, Disney X-project DRM (99 titles DVD encryption included), FluxDVD, Protect, ARccOS, AACS, BD+, ROM Mark, BD-Live, etc. In addition, it also keeps constant update with perfect support for the new encryption used on many recently released DVD movies. After the copy encryption is removed, you can then freely make a personal digital copy of the DVD movies that you have bought or paid for. For your great convenience, the program allows you to digitize DVD movies in various different ways to satisfy different entertainment:
– Copy DVD to common digital file formats for playing on computer with media player software
– Digitize DVD collection to hot devices such as smartphone, tablets, game consoles, TVs, etc preset profile formats with the optimal playback settings
– 1:1 full disc copy of DVD movies with original file structure for better backup
– Fast main movie copy of DVD without unwanted comments, trailers, ads, etc
Apart from the DVD to digital file format conversion function, the program also offer the following beneficial features and functions for you to largely enhance your DVD movie entertainment experience:
– Automatically select the main DVD movie title for you
– Add external SRT/ASS/SSA subtitles to DVD movies if the original DVD movies doesn’t contain the DVD movies that you want
– Enable “Forced Subtitle” option to disable the traditional subtitles while still preserving the subtitles that translate foreign language speaking parts periodically throughout the film to help you understand what they are saying.
– Rip DVD with your desired internal subtitle languages and audio tracks
– Flexibly adjust output profile parameters to get better output video and audio quality
– Edit DVD movies by trimming, cropping, adding watermark, applying special rendering effect, etc
– Available on both Windows and Mac platform (get Mac version).
– Perfect compatibility with the new Windows 10 and macOS High Sierra.
Step by Step to Digitize DVD Movies in Various Different Ways
Step 1: Load DVD disc into the program.
Run the program on your computer, insert the DVD disc into the optical DVD drive. Click “File” > “Load from disc” to load DVD disc into the program. Apart from DVD disc, you can also use the program to rip DVD folder and IFO/ISO image file.
Step 2: Output DVD to different digital file format.
Full disc copy
Make a full disc copy by hitting the icon on the top tool bar of the main interface.
Main movie copy
From “Format” bar, select “Copy” > “Direct Copy” to copy the main movie of the DVD disc.
From “Format” bar drop-down list, select one of your desired file formats or device preset profile formats according to your own needs.
Output DVD to popular digital file formats
Output DVD to device preset profile formats
Step 3: Begin the DVD digitizing process.
After finishing all the settings, go back to the main interface, press the right-bottom “Convert” button to start DVD to your desired digital file format conversion process.
When the conversion is completed, click “Open output folder”, a window will pop out with all your converted files. You will then be able to copy the converted DVD files to external hard drive or transfer and view on different portable devices.