Panasonic Viera TV doesn’t play MP4 movies from USB
I have a Panasonic Viera TV purchased from Amazon, when I put the movies on the USB, the TV says: no movies found! In the manual, there is nothing mentioned about certain movie format, or if I need to format the USB drive to FAT32 or anything like that ! Please help.
Why Panasonic Viera TV won’t play MP4 from USB
– USB drive is not correctly formatted. Make sure to format your USB drive to a particular file system such as FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, some of the TV models may don’t understand NTFS formatted USB devices when plugged in. In addition, there are also size limitation for different USB drive system:
|Max File Size||32MB||2GB||4GB|
|Max # of Files||4,077||65,517||268,435,437|
|Max Filename Size||8.3 or 255 characters when using LFNs|
|Max Volume Size||32MB||4GB with some implementations||2TB|
– File formats. Your Panasonic Viera TV may only play very limited MP4 files. You can consult the user manual or promotional material for the particular Panasonic set to which see MP4 file formats it support. Some of your Panasonic Viera TV may only play MP4 files at a specific resoltuion or within a particular range of resolutions.
Convert and compress MP4 for Panasonic Viera TV
To fix Panasonic Viera TV MP4 playback issues, you can first format your USB drive to a correct file system such as FAT12, FAT16 or FAT32, and then use a powerful MP4 converter program such as Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate for Windows/Mac (best video converter review) to convert all unsupported MP4 files to Panasonic Vierra supported playable file formats. For people who have background information, you can adjust the output profile parameters such as video codec, bit rate, frame rate, resolution and audio codec, bit rate, sample rate and channels to make them to fit with the best playback settings for Panasonic Viera TV.
If you have not idea how to set the profile parameters on your own, just choose to output Panasonic TV preset profile formats with all the optimal playback settings for Panasonic Viera TV.
Besides MP4, you can also convert other media file formats such as commercial Blu-ray/DVD disc or digital file formats such as AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, H.265/HEVC, AVCHD, MXF, XAVC/XAVC S, etc for Panasonic Viera TV playback with USB drive.
If the MP4 files stored on your USB drive exceed the file size limitation listed in above table, you can compress MP4 video with the following ways:
– Trim or cut video to remove unwanted parts or segments from the video
– Split large MP4 files into small clips by file size, count or length
– Output a file format with better quality and small file size such as FLV, WMV
– Lower the output video resolution
– Lower the bit rate 20-50% of the default to get small files
– Lower the frame rate of the video to 15 or 10 fps can reduce the file size by as much as 1/2 or 2/3
How to Convert and Compress MP4 for Panasonic Viera TV?
Step 1: Load MP4 files into the program.
Install and launch the MP4 video converter program on your computer, click “File” > “Add Video/Audio” or “Add from Folder” to load unsupported MP4 files into the program.
Step 2: Choose output file formats.
Click “Format”, from its drop-down option, here, you can directly output Panasonic Viera TV specially optimized file format from “TVs” > “choose Sony TV USB drive or DLNA devices playable “H.264 HD Video(*.mp4)” under “HD Video” main category.
Step 4: Compress video for FAT12, FAT16 or FAT32 USB drive.
Trim video to shorten video length
Open “Video Editor” window and switch to the “Trim” tab, you can drag the slider bars to include the segment you want to remain, click the left square bracket to set start point, and click the right square bracket to set end point when previewing the video or directly input specific values to “Start” and “End” box.
Split large MP4 video
By clicking the “Split” button on file list, or from “Edit” menu, you can launch the “Video Split” window. Checking “Enable” to enable it, and then you can split the file by file count, time length, or file size.
Lower resolution/bit rate/frame rate
Click “Settings” to open “Profile Settings” window, you can change video resolution to a suitable file size, lower the bit rate 20-50% of the default to get small files or lower the frame rate to 15 or 10 fps.
Step 5: Begin the conversion process.
After all setting is completed, hit right-bottom “Convert” button to begin the MP4 to Panasonic Viera TV preset file format conversion and compression process.
When the conversion is completed, you can have no problem to play MP4 files on Panasonic Viera from USB drive.
- Best Method About Watch 4K video online and on TV
- Viewing MKV/VOB/MOV to LG Smart TV from USB at Living Room
- 5 Easy Ways to Get Netflix & Other Video Streaming Services On Your TV
- Getting Video_TS Folder on LG Smart TV for Smoothly Playback
- How to Transfer and Play 4K Video on Vizio 4K TV?
- Sony/Samsung/Panasonic/LG 4K TV Supported Video/Audio File Formats