Apple is once again going back to the Mac — specifically, to. macOS Sierra is named after the chain of mountains that encompasses both. It fits. Sierra embraces everything that was great about Yosemite and El Capitan, including its new design language, extensibility, and continuity architectures that have proven so valuable in the past. Have a slew of video files in MOV, either recorded by your iPhone camera or shared by your friends, and want to convert MOV on Mac (Mac OS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion and Snow Leopard included)? This article is specially written down to assist you to do the conversion step by step.
The QuickTime (.MOV ) file is known as a multimedia container file which contains one or more tracks stroring video, audio, effects, or text (e.g. for subtitles). Each track contains not only a digitally-encoded media stream, but also a data reference to the media stream located in another file. So, when you want to playback Quicktime videos, you may need to know the part one and part two will introduces what is MOV format and how to play and convert MOV files on Mac OS X like macOS 10.12 Sierra and 10.11 El Capitan.
Part I: QuickTime Player Converts Certain Files Before Playing Them
You might see a progress bar showing that your file is converting.In OS X Mavericks and later, QuickTime Player (version 10) converts files that use certain older or third-party media formats. A window with a progress bar shows that the file is converting. To stop converting, just close the window.
Conversion doesn’t modify or replace the original file, and you can save the converted file before closing it. To preserve the quality of the original file, the converted file might be larger than the original file.
- QuickTime Player uses Apple ProRes to convert legacy formats used in video workflows, such as those encoded with the Animation codec. It uses H.264 to convert other older or third-party media formats.
- Learn what to do if QuickTime Player can’t open a file.
Part II: Easy Way to Convert QuickTime MOV to Mac OS Sierra Compaitable Format
A raft of Quicktime video converting software for macOS Sierra has some catching up to do to truly fit in on macOS Sierra. Don’t waste your time, look at our review of Pavtube best Quicktime video converter for macOS Sierra here and learn how to convert Quicktime video on macOS Sierra to MKV/FLV/MTS/AVI or any other video audio formats, and macOS Sierra compatible formats MOV/MP4/M4V quickly without losing quality.
Top QuickTime Video Converter For macOS Sierra to Convert MOV to Any Format as You Want
Here,Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac as the ideal macOS Sierra Converter, is just designed to convert any video or audio format macOS Sierra, Mac OS X or Windows. It also can directly play and edit any media files on Mac or Windows. It includes presets for the iPad, Apple TV, iPhone, specific iPod models and some popular mobile phones. It supports batch conversion and works several times faster than QuickTime Pro, and works with many other video formats that QuickTime Pro does not support natively. Read the review.
* Supports various Input & Output Video Codecs: Supports all standard audio & video codes including H.265 & H.264 video codecs.
* Wide range of Video Formats: Convert MOV to various formats, like MP4, WMV, MKV, FLV, VOB, AVI, 3GP, etc. Extract audio from your MOV videos as MP3, WAV, WMA, AC3, AAC, etc.
* Professional Video Editor and Converter: Provides speedy conversions for instant playback alongwith necessary video editing tools.
* Useful for Batch Conversion: Supports Batch conversion of any video or audio files within minutes.
* Intuitive & Simple Application: With its wizard-style interface users could load or drag & drop video files and convert them instantly.
* Effortless Editing Tools: Trim or crop MOV files, add subtitles/watermarks/effects to your MOV videos before converting them.
* Compatible with Mac OS Sierra, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion and 10.6 Snow Leopard.
Download best QuickTime Video Converter for macOS Sierra:
Guide on Converting QuickTime MOV on macOS Sierra
Step 1. Import MOV source videos
Launch the Mac QuickTime Converter, drag and drop your source movies or videos to the program. Or import files via clicking the Add button. Batch conversion is fully supported so you can add several videos at a time.
Step 2. Choose MOV as the output format
Click the format bar and choose output format. You can also choose “Common Video -> MOV – QuickTime (*.mov)” as the target format for widely use.
Note: You can