The Gear VR is Samsung’s first virtual-reality headset. Yes, the Korean company has jumped aboard the VR bandwagon alongside the Oculus Rift and Sony’s Project Morpheus. Samsung’s VR headset doesn’t have much of the tech built in – it requires a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to be slotted into it to provide the screen and brains, making this essentially a Note 4 accessory. Wanna enjoy 3D Blu-ray movies onto Galaxy Note 4 in Samsung Gear VR for enjoyment at anywhere? you’re in the right place.
Yes, you have collected lots of Blu-ray Discs at home. It’s a pity what you can not get them on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in Gear VR with 3D effect. So, In order to get 3D Blu-ray ready for Samsung Galaxy Note 4, you need to Rip or Convert your 3D Blu-rays to Galaxy Note 4 or Gear VR supported format. Here, the 3D Blu-ray ripper for Galaxy Note 4 is highly recommended for you. Pavtube BDMagic (review) is a great tool can easily help you convert 3D Blu-ray movie to Samsung Gear VR unit/Oculus video format as Anaglyph 3D MKV at super fast speed with the NVIDIA CUDA and AMD APP (ATI Stream) acceleration support.
Note: For Mac users, BDMagic for Mac is a helpful app to encode videos for further usage.
Step-by-step: Convert 3D Blu-ray movies on Gear VR with Galaxy Note 4
Step 1: Load 3D Blu-ray movie to the 3D Blu-ray Converter.
Insert your 3D Blu-ray movie to disc drive, and click “Load Disc” button on Pavtube BDMagic interface to load Blu-ray from ROM; it also support importing Blu-ray ISO and Blu-ray folder.
Step 2: Select format and set profile.
Click “Format” bar and find “3D Video”, there are a lot of format options for you. “MKV Side-by-Side 3D Video (*.mkv)” is recommended for Samsung Gear VR.
1. If you have special requirements on target video, click “Settings” to customize video size, bitrate, frame rate and sample rate.
2. Pavtube 3D Blu-ray ripper for Galaxy Note could edit videos by trimming, cropping, splitting video, add text/image/video watermark as copyright protection, and attach external *.srt, *.ass, or *.ssa subtitles into source media for entertainment.
Step 3. Start to convert 3D Blu-ray to Gear VR
Click “Convert” button, 3D Blu-ray to Samsung Gear VR converter will start to work. Just be patient, it will not take you long time. After the conversion, place your video files into the folder named “My Videos” on your MicroSD card, then follow these steps:
1. On your MicroSD card file directory, navigate to Oculus -> Movies -> Your Movies
2. Create a new folder within “Your Movies” and label it “3D”
3. Import or move your side-by-side 3D videos into your newly created “3D” folder
Once you have created your 3D content folder and imported compatible video files, insert your MicroSD card into your Galaxy Note 4 (if it isn’t already), dock the phone in your Gear VR, and don the virtual reality headset. Then:
1. Navigate to Oculus Cinema from the main menu
2. Navigate to “My Videos” from the Oculus Cinema content library menu
3. Select the 3D video you wish to view (if you followed the above steps it should have a “3D” label in the upper right hand corner)
4. Choose the cinema mode to begin playback
The software is coded to automatically convert any video in the “3D” folder for 3D playback. While the included documentation and tutorials don’t make the process completely obvious, the answer is buried in the literature accompanying the Gear VR’s Oculus Mobile SDK along with plenty of other tips on importing your own content for viewing on Samsung’s virtual reality headset. We’ll be sharing more of these helpful tips and tricks in the coming days.
P.S. You can read another solution about How to Set Up Samsung Gear VR to Watch Movies with It?
Now, you can get your 3D Blu-rays into Samsung Gear VR head set.