H.265, also HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding), doubles the data compression ratio at the same quality, compared to H.264, according to the report from H.265 vs H.264, which means H.265 encoded video is much smaller in file size. Many users have the need to transcode H.265 to H.264 codec videos for using. On video websites and forums many users are looking for the H.265 to H.264 Converter Windows version to use, if you are also looking for the H.265 to H.264 Converter, solving problems like what is the relationship between H.264 and HEVC/H.265 and which is the best Windows 10 H.265 video converter to encode a H.265 video or convert H.265 to H.264, MPEG4, MOV, FLV, MKV, etc on Windows 10.
Why you need the best H.265 to H.264 Converter?
In theory H.265 codec is superior to H.264 in quality, size etc. But according to the comparison of HEVC vs H.264 above, there is no need watching H.265 encoded videos unless you own the matched hardware facilities. As we know, only limited devices support H.265 codec video playing such as specific 4K/8K players. Plus, people prefer to watch videos on iPhone iPad in daily life. Thus converting H.265 to H.264 comes to the first place to being compatible with iPhone 7/6s/6s plus, iPad Pro, Samsung Galaxy Note 6 etc. So, that’s why you need these best H.265 to H.264 Converter.
In order to convert H.265 video to H.264, you will need to have a reliable H.265 to H.264 converter to do the job. Overall, Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate is considered to be the best choice for you (See below Top 3 Best H.265/HEVC Encoder and Decoder Review).
Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate is the best H.265 to H.264 Converter on the market, it has been used by many users to convert H.265 videos, this is powerful all-in-one converter, it is able to convert HD videos like H.265 videos, H.264 videos, MKV, AVI, MOV, MP4, MTS, MXF, M2TS, etc. to any formats you need. Besides HD videos, it can also rip latest Blu-ray and DVD disc movies to any unprotected common videos, and then you can copy converted Blu-ray and DVD movies to any devices for playing freely. Once you get this H.265 to H.264 Converter, you can convert H.265 files to H.264 videos with top quality and speed, both Windows version and Mac version are available to use. Learn>> Convert H.264 to H.265 Videos.
– Acting as the H.265 Encoder, Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate enables to encode all variety of video files including MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, ASF, MPG, MKV, VOB, FLV, AVCHD, MXF, MOD, TOD, TS, WTV and etc to H.265.
– As the H.265 Decoder, it supports decoding H.265 to other video format like MP4, AVI or directly convert H.265 video to audio format like MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA, AIFF, FLAC, RA, AU, DTS and etc.
– Playing the role as the H.265 Player, Pavtube H.265 Converter can directly play H.265 video files without format conversion in the preview window after loaded in.
– As the H.265 Editor, it can edit H.265 videos like merge H.265 files into one, crop H.265, trim H.265, rotate H.265 video, add subtitles/watermark to HEVC, adjust the H.265 parameter like bitrates, frame rate, aspect ratio, audio volume and etc.
Note: Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate can convert H.265 to H.264 videos at top speed and quality, it has adapted Encode H.265 NVIDIA CUDA and AMD APP acceleration technology, so you can get your videos converted at faster speed, when the conversion is finished, you can click open folder button to get the converted videos, and then you can use the converted videos as you want.
Free Download Top H.265 to H.264 Converter For Windows 10 users:
Steps Guide on Convert H.265 to H.264 on Windows 10/8.1/8
Step 1. Add H.265 videos
Run the H.265 to H.264 Video Converter program, go to the menu bar, select “Add Video” button to select the H.265 files you want to import. You can also directly drag the video files to the program for conversion. It supports batch conversion so you can import multiple files at a time.
Step 2. Choose H.264 as output format
From the drop-down list of ” Format” > “Common Video”, you can select “HD Video”>”H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)”. Any options encoded by H.264 under “HD Video” will output as H.264 High Profile, which will totally maintain the sharp quality of the original files.
Tip: Advanced settings
You can change the format parameters by click the Settings bar. The video size, video encoder, frame rate, bit rate, audio encoder, channel and more other parameters can be adjusted in this Settings option.
Step 3. Start conversion
When all the settings are done, click the Convert button to start encoding H.265 files to H.264. The conversion time depends on your video size, computer performance, output settings, etc. Generally, it won’t take too long. After the conversion, you’ll get resulted H.264 videos for better usage.
HandBrake is also an encoding tool available for users who like to choose the best parts of other programs. It is open source, and the latest 0.10 version upgrades to H.265 compatibility. In fact, it even supports x265 directly, as well as features from linbpx, VP8, and other sources- giving you the option to mix and match your open source cereals in the same big bowl. It is also worth noting that HandBrake is one of those useful options that can also work on Mac OS X and Ubuntu, so it’s a bit more crossplatform than other tools.
Note: HandBrake is busy updating all its components and smoothing out the bumps in the road, but it’s a work in progress, so you may not see the same results you would in something like Pavtube.
Steps on How to Encode Video with H.265 Codec
1. Launch the H.265 encoder freeware. Drag video file you want to encode to the Source area, or click Source to load the file.
2. Click on Browse to select a destination file folder for later encoded H.265 file storage.
3. Choose H.265 container (MPEG, Matroska etc. – MP4, 3GP, MKV, TS, to name a few) from the Output Settings area.
4. Under the Video, switch Video Codec to H.265(x265). You can also adjust framerate, optimize video using advanced tab.
5. After all the preparatory work is done, click “Start” button to begin the encoding process with H.265/HEVC encoder for free. Be patient, this may take a long time for Handbrake.
Top 3. Divx HEVC Plugin
It is a light-sized plugin that offers ways to encode HEVC video with the same quality but at half the size of H.264 video. The free H.265 encoder can be downloaded for Mac and Windows. The H.265 converter plug-in also combines a HEVC/H.265 video player. No register is required, you have 15-day trial of the H.265 decoder encoder for free. Some users reported that they couldn’t start anything after the HEVC encoder download and installation. The H.265 video decoding and encoding speed can vary wildly.
In a word, Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate is cut out for the job. The H.265 encoder software shows amazing transcoding speed, stable performance and exports video of high quality (up to 8K UHD). Handbrake adopts x265 that is open source as well, the best thing from these two HEVC encoders is that you don’t have to pay for them. Divx HEVC plugin combines H.265 encoding and playing into one, but tricks inside the plugin remain unknown.
Part II: H.265 VS H.264: Side-by-Side Comparison between H.265(HEVC) and H.264(AVC)
|Name||MPEG-H, HEVC, Part 2(Approved in Jan 2013)||MPEG 4 Part 10 AVC (Introduced in 2004)|
|Application Area||1. Professional H.265 Encoder/Decoder
2. High definition videos like 1080p, 4K, 8K resolution videos
3. Next-generation HDTV, Satellite TV
4. High definition videos like 1080p, 4K, 8K resolution videos.
2.Streaming internet videos from Vimeo, YouTube, iTunes Store etc.
3. Web software like Adobe Flash Player and Microsoft Silverlight
4. HDTV broadcasts over terrestrial, cable, and satellite
|Key Improvement||1. 40-50% the bit rate reduction at the same visual quality compared to H.264
2. Potential to realize UHD, 2K, 4K for Broadcast and Online (OTT)
|1. 40-50% bit rate reduction compared to MPEG-2
2. Led the growth of HD content delivery for Broadcast and Online
|Progression||Successor to MPEG 4 AVC, H.264||Successor to MPEG-2 Part|
|Specification||1. Up to 8K UHDTV (8192×4320)
2. Supports up to 300 fps
3. 3 approved profiles, draft for additional 5 ; 13 levels
|1. Support Up to 4K (4,096×2,304)
2. Supports up to 59.94 fps
3. 21 profiles ; 17 levels
|Drawbacks||Computationally expensive due to larger prediction units and expensive Motion Estimation||Unrealistic for UHD content delivery due to high bit rate requirements. Frame rate support restricted to 59.94|
Note: Besides converting H.265 files to H.264, you can also use Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate to convert H.265 files to editing programs native supported formats, such as convert H.265 to Apple ProRes 422 for Final Cut Pro X, convert H.265 to DNxHD for Avid Media Composer, etc. Enjoy!